Wednesday, January 1, 2014

All About ME!!!!

So I guess I will begin with an introduction.  Hello, I am Vicki, a wife and mother of two (girl 19, boy 10).  I live in Colorado and I am lucky enough to take pictures for a living.   I started sewing when I was 12.  I loved it and made a ton of skirts in high school but then life started and I stopped sewing.  A few years ago, the 80's came back (hello it was bad enough the first time) and I started sewing again.  Last year, my sweet husband finished our spare room and gave me a sewing room for my birthday!!  I have been going non-stop ever since.

I am happy to say I have inspired my daughter and she will be sewing with me this year.  I am really looking forward to the Ready Wear Fast of 2014!  I will admit that I  bought a ton of sweaters and leggings in December because I truly suck at knitting.  I don't think I will miss shopping at all because I have a bit (okay huge) addiction to Etsy and all their vintage sewing patterns!

Here are a few pictures of my sewing space and my daughter and I.

My space.  I LOVE it!  Bright yellow in the basement!  I share my space with my super cute mice friends, Socks and Boots and my betta fish, Fred.  Hey, Cinderella had sewing mice too so don't judge!.  LOL.


My lovely daughter and her first Archer!  With a history of less than 10 garments ever made, she rock it! Her Blog is sewmeg
Me.  






1 comment:

  1. Hi Vicki! Just found your intro...I see you only started your blog this year. I'm planning to start a blog too, when I find time from sewing haha. Must get on with it ; ) I'm enjoying looking at your lovely makes. I'm fairly new to sewing but am just LOVING it! At last...a wardrobe I like! And that fits me - hooray! I envy you your sewing room...Jen in England

    ReplyDelete