Friday, January 24, 2014

My New Favorite Jacket, Simplicity 0306

I LOVED this jacket so much that I made two right in a row!  Simplicity 0306.

I used wool fabric for both of the jackets.  It was my first time using and wearing 100% wool and I have become a HUGE HUGE fan. These jackets are so warm but lightweight enough that when it warms up I don't die of heat exhaustion.    I was very surprised to see mixed reviews for this jacket because I love it so very much.  It is just so stinkin comfy!


I will say that I used  fleece fabric for my muslin and had some problems with the curves.  I think the wool is more pliable so it worked so much better.
 Although fleece muslin was not a complete fail,  my teenage daughter snatched it right up and is very happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment