Friday, January 24, 2014

My version of New Look 0912 Bomber Jacket

Success my first lined garment ever!!!

This pattern was really pretty great.......easy to put together.......even the lining.  I was a bit worried because the picture on the pattern envelope is not my favorite thing.  

I made a few changes on the fly.  I didn't care for the elastic casing on the cuffs and bottom hem so I used knit ribbing instead.  I think it totally improved the look and made the whole garment go together a ton easier.  

I also added a collar.  First, I tried to use the ribbing on collar like I remember on my high school jacket but it didn't work.  So I added my go to archer collar.  Now I LOVE this jacket!  

I used a nice flannel fabric from my stash. It is nice and lightweight but surprisingly warm.  I am going to have to hide this one because my daughter keeps eyeing it.  LOL.





1 comment:

  1. This is nice, love flannel it's so super warm. The collar is great good touch.

    ReplyDelete