Friday, March 21, 2014

Double Flannel Archers

Augh!!  Spring has arrived and I still have a ton of winter projects that I REALLY love and want to make and wear!  I did manage to pull these flannel pieces out this week.  Super thick fabric and I didn't want to have to store it all summer.  I did a bit of assembly line sewing....making these at the same time.  It was great!!  I will duel sew my archers from now on!!!!  Two in the time of one.....LOVE!


This is really heavy flannel.  It worked like a dream with the Archer pattern.  The only problem I had was with the sleeve plackets.  I used the archer method on the red shirt and felt like the heavy fabric just didn't lay quite right.

On the purple/grey shirt, I took lladybird's advice and used the colette's negroni method.  It was a lot easier for me and way less bulky.  

I really love this pattern.  I can't wait to make a few sleeveless sheer summer shirts.  The possibilities are just endless!  I also can not say enough about the sew-a-long on the grainline website.  My sewing skills reached all new levels with this one.  Thank you so much Jen!!!  You are AMAZING!





2 comments: