Sunday, March 30, 2014

March has been good to me!


March has been AMAZING to me (cute makes, met Mondo, inherited tons of cute patterns and supplies) and to finish it off I got an email this morning let me know that the LOVELY Sharon at http://sewingdiet.blogspot.com/ nominated me for a Liebster Award!  I am a HUGE fan of her blog.  We are both doing the NRW challenge and her dresses are out of this world beautiful!  So thank you so much Sharon!!!  

So this award is giving to new bloggers and the rules are as follows.

1.You thank the person who gave you the award
2.Then link back to that person’s blog
3.Copy and paste the Liebster award to your own profile
4.Answer the 5 question your nominator asked
5.Pick 5 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed (they have to have under 200 followers)
6.Ask them 5 questions
7.Then finally blog it and leave a comment to let your 5 choices know they have been chosen.
8.Nominate 5 blogs


On to the question and answer portion of the post!

What made you start to blog?
I have been sewing most of my life and love it but I don’t have any real world sewing friends.  I heard that the online sewing community was amazing so I decided to give it a try.  I am so glad I did because I am really enjoying it.

What is your proudest sew & why?
My sheer simplicity 3786.  This shirt inspired my 19-year-old daughter to start sewing.  She recently bought a sewing machine and is really enjoying herself!


Have/would you, considered a career involving sewing, if so, in what capacity? 
I would love to teach children how to sew.  I think it is an important life skill and it breaks my heart that is has been removed from most schools.  I don’t think I would make a career out of it, but I would love to do it part-time.

What would be the ultimate sewing challenge/make you dream of completing, Why? 
I am a photographer by day and this year I challenged myself to create 6 over the top outfits for my artsy photos.  Medieval gown, sundress with a huge kite, vintage boy’s overalls ect.  It is proving to be very time consuming but fun!

One sewing technique that you absolutely love.
I use Emma Seabrooke’s knit stay tape on all my hems, zippers and necklines and it has been life changing!  I use them on wovens and knits.  I heard about these tapes in a craftys class and will not sew without them now.  No more wonky seams and necklines.  They are priceless. 


My nominates are!
1. Mrs Toad Sews, www.mrstoadsews.com, I found this blog through the NRW challenge and it quickly became a favorite!
2. Seams Odd, Louis, seamsoddlouise.blogspot.com, Another NRW blog that I love!
3. Starcrossed, starcross-sewing.blogspot.com, This is not a new blog but I had to include it. I found it when she was paired with my daughter in a name tag swap and I just love her style.
4. Adventures of a Young Seamstress, youngseamstress.blogspot.com,  Vintage, adorable and super-talented.
5. Sewing Forward, sewingforward.com, NRW blogger that I really enjoy.


My questions
1. Why did  you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite make so far?
3. If you could only sew with one type of fabric, what would you choose?
4. What is your favorite tool or gadget in your sewing box?
5. How big is your stash?  



3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination,Vicki! You've made me speechless. Luckily, I can still type!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination! I'm already super behind on blogging, so it might be a while before I'm able to respond, but thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki, thank you so much for the award and sorry for my super late reply! Busy stitching up a name tag and so excited to receive mine :)

    ReplyDelete