Monday, March 17, 2014

Sometimes one is not enough! Vogue 8951 and another silly Renfrew!

I have been in a bit of a sewing funk lately.  The weather doesn't know what it wants to do so I seem to not know what to do either.  I have quite a few winter projects waiting for me but I don't want to make them then not be able to wear them.  My part of Colorado is normally its snowiest in March and April but this year it has been really warm.


In the ended, I went for a repeat week.  I am completely in love with Vogue 8951.  I have been wearing my first make so much that I knew I needed another one (Bonus! it was already cut out and everything)  This pattern is very easy and it is the most comfortable thing in my closet.  LOVE IT!

I changed the neckline in both and like it much better.  I just topstitch 1/4 inch all the way around.  I also under-stitched it all so the facing stays in place without a problem.  

I also made another silly Renfew this time with snow white fabric.   I bought this online at this etsy store.  I thought it was a deep royal blue but in real life it ended up being a little less royal.  I still love it and now I have two shirts that make me smile.  

These shirts are the best thing ever on yucky mornings.  I just pull one of them out of the closet and smile all day!





No comments:

Post a Comment