Friday, April 25, 2014

Maxi Skirting It Up - New Look 6762

My second maxi skirt pattern this week.  I have noticed that I often host pattern duels in my sewing room.  It is a strange habit.  If I want to make something specific, I find two different patterns for it and make them up together.  I usually end up loving one and never using the other pattern again.  I guess I figure if I only made one and ended up with the dud I would lose out or something.  Anyway, enough of my crazy.  This is New Look 6762.
It is a very simple make......another under an hour skirt.  I used a ITY knit for Colorado Fabrics.  

I didn't match my side seams.......but don't tell anyone!  

This skirt has a simple elastic waistband and it is very comfortable.  As much as I like the fold over waistbands that are all the rage......the simple elastic ones are easier to wear.





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Vicki. It looks so comfy and cool. It is also in my summer colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely, a great print. I agree that elastic waist band are so comfy. You made this in an hour? Wow. I must be a very slow sewer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is one of my favorite patterns......easier than pajama pants.

      Delete