Friday, April 25, 2014

My "I finally cut into my fabric" maxi skirt - New Look 6269

I LOVE this fabric so much that it has sat in my stash for over a year because I was too terrified to cut it.   I must have found a dozen perfect patterns for it but just couldn't make the first cut!  LOL.  Finally, New Look 6269 came along.  It was perfect and the construction process was so straight forward that I knew I wouldn't ruin it.  When in doubt, go simple!  YAY.
I like the fold over waistband and since this fabric is so lightweight it feels like air........LOVE.  The pattern is very fast.  It took me less than an hour to cut it out and serge it up. The fabric is a lightweight jersey knit I picked up at Colorado Fabrics.   I used my favorite stay tape for the hem and it was ready to go! 
Now that I have a few maxi skirts ready to go, I need to work on shirt to go with them.  My Old Navy tank tops are getting old.  Any great pattern suggestions?

So, I am happy to finally be wearing my favorite fabric instead of wondering what to do with it!  Happy Day!!!



5 comments:

  1. Another wonderfully beautiful skirt in my summer colors!!! I have bee resisfing the whole maxi skirt trend, but Imq starting to reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have been wearing these skirts since high school and I highly recommend them. So comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fabulous fabric. I can understand why you were reluctant to cut into it. You've done an amazing job on it tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I am slowly working through my stash........almost time to go shopping again! YAY!

      Delete
  4. Oh I love this! LUBBE!!!!!!!!! That fabric is so happy. I have some I'm reluctant to cut into also. But, I'm working out the bugs in other pieces I make, then I'll cut into it! Yay!

    ReplyDelete