Monday, May 26, 2014

Its A Wrap. - Vogue 8379 Monthly Stitch - Sew Stretchy

Can you believe this dress has 122 reviewers on Pattern Review and it has just been gathering dust in my sewing room for the past year?  I was on the wrap dress fence.....not sure if it would work for my body type.  I finally caved because how could 122 people be wrong? They were not.....I love this dress!
I used a jersey knit fabric from my stash.  I have really been stash busting lately!  I am thankfully it has a nice busy print because I did have a few issues with the neckline.  I think the pattern just left the edge open with a tacking at the shoulder seam and a under-stitch.  If I read that correctly, it didn't work for me.  The facing kept wanting to show itself off.  I finally stitched it down about 1 1/2 inches in on both the top and the skirt. This worked wonderfully and the seams is pretty hidden in the print.  Next time, I will read the directions much slower and see if I completely misread them.
This is one comfortable dress and when I bend over.....no gaping!  LOVE!  I also wore this on a very windy day and all my bits stayed covered.  Success!  
I think I may need a long-sleeved version for winter.  For now, I am learning to make pants.  (Insert scared face and nail biting)  I am taking the One Pattern, Many Looks: Pants with Kathy Ruddy.  I love that women.  She is just a joy to listen too and is making me believe I can do it.  Fingers-crossed!
  

1 comment:

  1. Great looking dress! Looks like it would be swishy and fun to wear too. I've been on the fence on the wrap dress thing myself. I might just have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete