Thursday, May 15, 2014

Simplicity 2401, I love you!

Meet my new summer uniform.   This dress is the most comfortable thing on earth!!  The fabric is light and cool.....and I am never taking it off.  Colorado may be chilly most of the year but our summers are HOT!  It is way worst when you don't have a/c.........which I don't.  For a couple of months.....okay weeks but it feels like months, it get so hot in the afternoon that I can't even move.  I just sit in front of the fan and die!!!  This dress will be worn A LOT during those months (weeks).
I love the fabric.  I passed it a billion times in Joann's but it was too pricey then one day, surprise, it was on the discount wall.  I got it for $5.00 a yard.  YAY!  It is a really lightweight, soft rayon and the colors are super bright!
I used Simplicity 2401.  It has been on the top of my to do list since last summer.  I loved putting this pattern together.  The elastic back is brilliant.   It keeps the dress in place yet it is very comfortable.   As soon as the top was put together, I could tell wearing a bra with this dress was going to be tricky.  So I added it to the dress.  It was a simple add and oh my gosh....so worth it.  No worries and super comfy!!


I think I am going to need a few more!  Maybe one in a solid color....red or pink?  Me-Made-May is showing me that I need more solid colors in my closet.  It is just so hard because the prints are so pretty!!
For now, I am just going to enjoy my new summer uniform!!





7 comments:

  1. Really cute dress! Looks like you're ready for a night on the town instead of relaxing in front of the fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! Looks nice and cool! I've just finished New Look 6022 which I loved making and enjoyed wearing yesterday, now it's beginning to warm up - even here, in the UK! Btw, I couldn't see your previous post, just said this page does not exist - don't know if it was just me...? Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Somehow I missed New Look 6022. It is the PERFECT summer dress. I will have to pick it up soon! Thanks for the heads up about my site too.

      Delete
  3. Ooohhh. Great fabric choice. Colorado can get hot and then cold over night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I keep telling my husband that we just need to ac...:)

      Delete
  4. I'm in love with that fabric! The dress looks amazing and super fun!! I must admit though, I wish I could wear dresses like that... I just haven't found the supportive internal bra option quite yet!

    ReplyDelete