Saturday, May 3, 2014

Strawberry Shortcake and Pirates! What A Great Match!

I wear/love my maroon overalls far too much so I finally made a second pair!  I searched and searched for cute/slightly outrageous fabric but sadly just couldn't find anything I liked.........so I went with basic jean fabric.

I am very happy with the final result but still would have preferred a bit more spice.  I think jean fabric is tough to work with because without great top-stitching they look a bit homemade.  I picked up some hot pink jean thread for the top stitching but chickened out.  I decided to try flat felled seams for the first time and just didn't trust my skills.  Shame on me because I think it would have really look a lot better.


Anyway, don't let the outside fool you........Check out my lining. 

Don't you just LOVE Strawberry Shortcake?

This pattern is a favorite of mine.  Vintage McCall 3835.  I tested three overall patterns in February and this one ended up being my super favorite.  The directions were very clear and the construction process was very easy.  No crazy confusing pockets...just a side zipper.  They are also very easy to get on and off.  LOVE THEM!


I paired them with another renfrew because you can never have enough!  My daughter bought me this amazing pirate fabric for my birthday.  Isn't is DARLING!


  

2 comments:

  1. These are fabulous! I love your lining and the t-shirt is so funky! I'm a big fan of unusual patterns. These are great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I have been drooling over your new boots!!!!!

      Delete