Thursday, May 15, 2014

The.....I almost threw it away skirt - Vintage McCall 3050

Never sew while in a bad mood because you may end up throwing away cute skirts.  After finishing this skirt, I decided that the fabric looked like a tablecloth and the style was awful on me.  Thankfully, I didn't feel like ripped the buttons off so I threw it in the corner instead.  A couple of days later, I found it and decided I loved it.  Crazy girl.
The pattern is a vintage 1950's McCall 3050 I found an antique store for cheap.  The pattern pairs the skirt with the cutest halter top.  I can't wait to try it out but haven't found the right fabric yet.  The skirt went together easily.  I used a really lightweight linen blend.  It will be perfect for this summer.  
I love a button up skirt!
I also want to give a shout out to May Blossom Designs.  I made this super cute thistledown rabbit for my mom on Mother's Day.  I really love how it turned out.  I have to say that the wool felt is CRUCIAL to the success of this bunny.  Regular felt just tears apart......trust me I know.  A little warning about this felt....turning it takes some serious muscle.  :)  I found the wool felt at my Hobby Lobby.  




3 comments:

  1. Nice job on both of these. That bunny is just adorable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you didn't throw that skirt away, it's divine!! That bunny is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete