Wednesday, October 22, 2014

My Ultimate Winter Wrap!

I have been coveting the Ultimate Wrap Dress by Sew Over It for a LONG time now.  So, when I noticed they decided to release PDF version of all their patterns, I started jumping all over the place with excitement!  This pattern is AMAZING!!



It was a dream to sew....super clear instructions and I love how to front and back are full pieces with no break at the waist.  I used a sweater knit I picked up at Fabric Mart last year.  

Next time I will remember to add two inches or so to the length......a step I am FOREVER forgetting. 

Crazy story time......I have scoliosis and measured in at a lovely 5'4 until about 10 years ago.  I got pregnant with my second child (son) and by the end of the pregnancy I measured in a 5'6!  My son weighed almost 10 lbs when he was born and carrying such a big baby straightened my spine! So I grew 2 inches at the ripe old age of 34 and I am still trying to get use of it. LOL

As I said, I am still getting use of my new numbers and I always forget to add length to my patterns. This dress will be worn with leggings so I will live with the length but next time I would like it a bit longer.  I don't want to flash anyone when I bend over!

I really love the neckline on this pattern.  It didn't stretch out at all which is a problem I often have with wraps in general.  The whole dress went together in an afternoon.  I can't wait to make a few more......and while I am at it I hope to tackle the ultimate trousers too.....my first try at pants.  Wish me luck!







5 comments:

  1. Nice to see a post from you, and with such a pretty dress. Love the colors in your fabric. Makes me think I need a wrap dress stat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You grew by 2 inches! Great dress though, it looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....2 inches!!! It was something else. I like the added height but most of my clothes were petite (5'4 and under) so I was forced to give almost every top and dress I had to my daughter. It was also a pretty painful pregnancy.....:)))

      Delete