Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The 'My Flasher Days Are Over' Dress!

I LOVE wrap dresses but sometimes Colorado weather can cause embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions when I wear them.  Flashing random people is not my favorite thing.  So, I was so excited to find New Look 6301!   It is a faux wrap dress!


I was really on the fence about this fabric.  You can't tell in the photos but part of the print has some metallic sparkle.  It is super busy in person.  It is a ITY knit I ordered from Fabric Mart last year.   I used the fabric thinking about it as a muslin.  If it didn't work out, I wouldn't be heartbroken.  Thankfully, once the dress was completed the sparkle and print didn't overwhelm me at all.  YAY!


It was a really lovely pattern to sew and bonus.......I didn't have to worry about the wrap edge stretching out of shape!  The only change I made was to add two inches in length.  I added the two inches below the gathers but next time I think I will add the inches into the gathers.  In the photos, the gathers seems really high compared to the waist.


All in all, I am pretty happy with this dress.  When I lean over.....no gaping.  When the wind is so strong that Toto flies by, I don't find myself flashing the world.   It is these simple things in life that make a girl's day.


6 comments:

  1. You DON'T enjoy flashing the world?! haha!

    So glad I found your blog. You make lots of cute things. Really love this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that fabric! It looks really good on you. So glad it turned out.
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the necklace too. I make jewelry. Hope you don't mind if I copy the style of the necklace. I love the way it hangs down into the v-neck shape.
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the necklace too. My mom makes most of my jewelry but this is one of my few store bought items. I asked her to recreate it also....:))

      Delete
  4. Vicki,

    I just found your blog via Goodbye Valentino 2015. I am really enjoying reading your posts and the clothes you've made are just wonderful! I've marked down some of the patterns to try for myself. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete