Monday, January 19, 2015

My Netflix Marathon Sweater - Hemlock Tee

It is been pretty cold here in Colorado lately and I found myself wanting a big ole' super-comfortable sweater.  I am not the best knitter.  In fact, I am still working on the Myrna sweater from the outfit-along that Lladybird and Andi hosted last May!  So, I was forced to searched the internet for a great sweater pattern. Thankfully Google images led me to a sweater knit version of the hemlock tee on the Makes The Things blog.   It was perfect.  I love the lower sleeves and all that lovely excess room. Perfect for lounging.


Life is good when the perfect pattern is FREE!  It was such a pleasure to work with too. I really love everything Grainline!  The neckline on this was just perfection.  Flat as a board once added.  YAY!


My fabric is a wool sweater knit blend I picked up at the sweetest little fabric store in the Springs.  Stitch Studios.  I really love this sweater and it didn't take me two years to knit!!!  I will be making a ton more in the future.  


We are expecting another snow storm this week and I will be dressed just right for Netflix and my couch.  I just found the documentary Advanced Style today.  I am half way through and LOVE it. I aspire to be a eccentric old lady that makes people wonder!  Maybe a cross between any of the ladies in the documentary and Lady Grantham from Downton Abbey!






5 comments:

  1. I need to check that pattern out. I love the comfy look and the color is perfect for winter. I'm jealous of the sun. We have been having either dense fog or overcast. It is a special kind of bone chilling cold that makes me want to be in the snow. I have actually been knitting and started a sweater for myself today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sweater! I love having those days "dressed for Netflix and the couch"! Comfy clothes are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just my style too! I need to take another look at that pattern. I love your sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! love it! I would like to add it to a roundup I am doing for Sew Mama Sew. please contact me at kelleyetg@gmail.com for more information. Thank you! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I need to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete