Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The 'Flashback To The 80's' Skirt - Grainline Moss

I cut this skirt out two years ago and just finished it this week.  I found the fabric (quilting cotton) in a local shop while in a silly mood and my daughter talked me into buying it.  I LOVE the fabric.  I am quite sure I had a pair of pants made out of similar fabric in high school (80's) that I wore way too often! So, I cut the pattern out and then put it in a drawer........my silly mood left and I thought the skirt was going to be way too short. Two years later, I decided what the heck!


I planned to wear leggings under it but that just looked stupid with the black on white on black.  Thankfully it is not too short at all!  I LOVE it!  It will be perfect this summer with a tank top!  So the pattern is Grainline's moss skirt.  This was my first time putting in a front fly zipper.  As always the online directions were amazing!  It is not perfect (my zipper is faced backward which makes it interesting to put on. lol) but definitely passable and I will be better next time!


I love the pockets and after all that worry about the length it doesn't bother me at all.  The quilting fabric worked out pretty well also.  


 I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can wear it!!






5 comments:

  1. It looks great, Vicki. I think we had the same pants. I have a couple of fun/silly fabrics that keep taunting me. I may need to just go for it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!
    SSB https://facebook.com/sassysewingbees

    ReplyDelete