Monday, February 9, 2015

My Winter Coffee/Couch Date Dress - Burda 1/2014 #123

As soon as I spotted the photo of this dress in my winter issue of Burda Style, I knew I had to have one!  I ADORE loose yet flattering winter clothes....because if you have to be cold you should at least be comfortable.  I tried to find a nice striped fleece fabric so I could be just as cute as the model but furry striped fleece is surprising hard to find!  Thankfully JoAnn's had this amazingly novelty knit waiting for me.  It is super soft fabric with an almost sponge-like texture (I just made it sound awful but trust me it's heaven).


The pattern is pretty simple.  Three pattern pieces along with my serger made for a fast project.  I am still struggling to figure out my size in Burda patterns.  I cut a 38 based on my measurement and it was HUGE!!!!  It may have something to do with my fabric being a bit more stretchy then the fleece but I ended up taking about 4 inches off each side!! 


The fabric is a dream....hangs well, doesn't cling to my leggings and it is COMFORTABLE!!!  The  roomy sleeves and waist made this girl super happy!!  I felt slightly dress up for my coffee date and very happy later on the couch watching tv with my husband....win win!!


I am still searching for some lovely furry fleece because I would love another one.





7 comments:

  1. I love it. I saw the fabric and pet it in the store, but didn't have a.clue what to make with it. Maybe, I'll start copying you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am drooling over you lovely quilt!!!

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely and warm. Always great to be warm and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Yours is so cute, much more than the Burda pics. You look great in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was surprised by how different the results of the dress were with the different fabric!

      Delete
  4. I love when you can make comfy appropriate clothes stylish -- this is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great on you! Nice that it's so comfy too.

    ReplyDelete