Friday, February 20, 2015

The Crazy Dog Lady Challenge - Completed!

I LOVE fun sewing challenges so when I read about the Crazy Dog Lady Challenge on the Two Random Word Blog, I immediately joined in and put my fabric finding skills to work!  I love my dogs!  I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi (Tinkerbell because she was the runt.....4 years old) and an English Cocker Spaniel (Dash because she never sits still.....7 months old).


I found this super cute Scottie fabric at The Fabric Fairy.  It's a cotton/poly/lyrca blend and my new favorite t-shirt fabric.  Fantastic recovery...perfect drape....feels incredible on....easy to sew with......I can't say enough!  I ordered a ton more in solid colors and can't wait for it to arrive!!


My shirt is a combination of Kwik Sew 1065 (main body) and the renfrew (neckline and sleeve bottoms).  This was my first time ever combined two patterns and I love the result!  YAY!  The two pattern merged easily and gave me just the style I was looking for!


I really wanted black arms but couldn't find a similar weight fabric but thankfully I ended up liking the red.  I was not at all confident in my abilities to make the first shirt so I made a back up shirt just in case it didn't work.  I love them both!  The second shirt is a straight renfrew.



I really enjoyed this challenge and can't wait to see everyone's makes!!  The challenge is open til March 15th so y'all should join in the fun!!

Close up of my super cute fabric!!







5 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm doing the Crazy Dog Lady challenge too and i was very tempted by a cotton fabric with black and white scotties on it. I pictured it with red buttons - guess great minds think alike! I love both your tops, and your dogs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so happy to find another crazy dog lady out there!!! Can't wait to see your make!!

      Delete
  2. Very fun and always good when the fabric is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, these are so fun! Your dogs are cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love dogs and yours are so adorable. You shirts are adorable too! The fabric is great because the pattern from far away looks rad and then you realize it is dogs -- love it!

    ReplyDelete