Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Red TARDIS Skirt - McCall 3830

Another silly skirt.....they are my new favorite thing!   It is hard to be in a bad mood when you are dressed funny.  I REALLY love this skirt because the first time I wore it my son said 'Cool skirt...love the red TARDIS' (Dr. Who reference).  He is 11-years old and the concept of a telephone booth is completely lost on him.  LOL.....love the skirt all the more now.  I found the fabric in a quilting store and had to have it.  I LOVE London.  I spent a bit of time there while in the military (Air Force 9 years) and have really great memories!


I knew I wanted to wear the skirt with my boots and a sweater.  So, I underlined the fabric with another layer of lightweight cotton.  It gave the skirt more body and made it a bit warmer.  


I used McCall's 3830.  A simple pattern with only four pieces.  I didn't want to cut the fabric up too much.   I originally thought I would go longer and added a vent (something I just learned to do) but in the end had to cut it off.  The print demanded that the skirt be short.


I think this skirt will go in the back of my closet because I think my daughter may be planning to "borrow" it very soon.  A high compliment but I think I want to keep this one.  

Front


Back.







10 comments:

  1. Fab!
    SSB https://facebook.com/sassysewingbees

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the print. What a fun skirt. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun fabric! It looks great made up as a skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great fabric with fond memories attached. I bet you'll have fun wearing it. London is a cool place. I've visited there years ago when my daughter was doing a year abroad at college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. How fun....I would have love to go to school overseas.

      Delete
  5. Have fun wearing these and smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Love love it! How fun. I spent time in Manchester and absolutely adore the UK.

    ReplyDelete