Wednesday, March 11, 2015

In LOVE With Audrey! - Maria Denmark

Hello all!  A couple of week ago quite a few of you recommended the Audrey knit dress from Maria Denmark for me and I just can't thank you all enough!!!  I LOVE this dress pattern!  It is THE dress pattern I have been searching for forever!  


The pattern is really lovely to sew.  All the dots lined up and it went together in record time.  I did change the neckline to an even strip because I was not so sure about my abilities to sew the fancy one but other than that I sew it as directed.  The back darts are WONDERFUL!  They give the dress such great shape!  It is very comfortable to wear and the design is simple enough that I can have quite a few in the closet with no problem.


I used a really nice sweater knit I picked up a Colorado Fabric.  I have been wearing the heck out of this dress.   It has been worn on a fabric shopping trip to Denver with my friend Caryn (Caryn's Blog), an opening night at an art gallery and a few grocery shopping trips too.  It is super versatile! 


I am currently working on a wool jacket that has been really intense.  Once I finish, another one of these dresses is on the cutting table.  It is the perfect feel-good quick project that I will be needing.  


I gotta love a pattern that bring my super busy college girl home to sew.  I think she did a fantastic job and I love her fabric.  




4 comments:

  1. Fabulous. I love a pattern that you can just whip up enthusiastically. Both your version and your daughter's one are great. I can imagine this in a whole range of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out :) I think I might have to make up one of those dresses. Today was a sewing disaster (I have way too many of those-groan).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, what a lovely knit dress, great lines and neckline. Will go look! Your daughter is so pretty and clearly a talented sewist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super! The dresses look great. Wool coat!?! Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete