Monday, March 23, 2015

Wiksten Tova Top

One of my favorite things about the online sewing community is being introduced to great independent sewing patterns that I would have never seen otherwise.  I just found the Wiksten Tova Top last week.......why did it take me so long?

It is the perfect dress for me!  Loose fitting yet flattering with a bohemian twist.....all my favorite things.  I also LOVE that it is made for woven fabrics.  I made this one from a linen/cotton blend that I found a Joann's.  This fabric is LOVELY!  I wore this dress all day (even took a quick nap on the couch) and then took pictures.  Barely any wrinkles to be seen!!!


My adjustments were minor.  I added to the upper back because I always have too.   I also added a collar because I just like that type of neckline better.  Other than that, this dress was made straight out of the box.  It is a very fast pattern too which was just what I needed after the wool jacket!  


Check out my birthday gift....the cutest cowboy boots ever!!!






6 comments:

  1. What a lovely dress! And that colour! Beautiful. And you've introduced me to a new pattern, thnks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute, I like the collar. I made the Tova about a year ago and it was a fail...moving the apex and gathers and so on, it ended up looking like a maternity top. Which yours does not! Love love your boots...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My husband bought me the new boots and I love them!

      Delete
  3. Oh I do love your fabric choice! Such a lovely outfit!

    ReplyDelete