Thursday, October 29, 2015

My Hail Mary Dress - Simplicity 2774

I planned on hoarding this fabric forever.  It is soft and drapes perfectly....I love the pink flowers.....it is slinky perfect.  I loved it until my daughter burst my bubble and said it could go grandma in a minute. So, I got scared and put it in a box.   I have also been hoarding Simplicity 2774 in the same box. Thankfully, I dug them both out last weekend and made a fabulous dress!  I didn't expect either one of them to work but in the end I was a very happy girl!


The pattern was easy to work with and I love the neckline.  It is folded over and secured at the top and bottom.  It doesn't require top-stitching and it lays flat even after washing!!  I did added some clear elastic around the waistband to keep it a little bit more secure.  I was worried it may end up a little maternity but I think the soft lightweight fabric worked out perfect.  It stays flat against the belly but is still flowy enough that I can pig out at dinner!


I picked up the fabric at GirlCharlee about a year ago.  It is a rayon jersey knit and it feels super soft.  It also doesn't cling to my leggings.....which is reason enough to buy bolts of the stuff.  


After looking at the pictures, I think it will look fabulous with my cowboy boots too!  I love this pattern and plan to make another one tunic length in a solid fabric very soon!  Surprise happy endings are the BEST!!







6 comments:

  1. Looking good, not grandma at all!! Seriously, this little dress looks fab on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Your blog is such an inspiration to me!!!

      Delete
  2. Hurrah you are back! Missed your blog. And agree with Coco not grandma at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I have miss everyone!!

      Delete
  3. Love your dress! I'm partial to floral prints, no grandma there! Great job & you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete