Thursday, March 16, 2017

And she lives!!!

I can't believe it has almost been a year since I last posted.  Oh my!  I decided to make a comeback for a couple of reason.  First, it seems like fewer and fewer people are blogging.  I miss the bloggers! I love Instagram as much as the next person but the information and connection just isn't the same.  While pondering this, I realized I am a blogger that stopped blogging. So, here I am!  Secondly, I find that I use the blog a ton for reference (often make the same thing over and over).  Lastly, the pictures keep things real.  The mirror lies...lies...lies whereas a picture is often brutally honest.


Pattern:  Today we have  McCall's 6074.  It is a super favorite of mine.  I have these two shirts, a dress and a second dress on work table.  It is really fast, easy to make and easy to fit!  The elastic in the front does most of the fitting for you.  


Fabric:  I usually make it out of ITY fabric but want to try it with a nice weight jersey knit soon.  I prefer a slightly heavier fabric with really good recovery for this pattern because it makes the dress/top more shapely.  The thinner fabric works too but the results are less peplum and more straight.  Both of these fabrics were bought at Fabric.com and sadly both are sold out.


Favorite Part:  I love the way the pattern addresses the neckline,,,,,,,you sew it flat.  The neckline is sewn before combining the front two pieces which makes sewing the v-neck super simple.  

Current Obsessions:  I love a good podcast in the sewing room and this week I am binge listening to Lore.  History with an edge to it.  Each episode is guaranteed to be disturbing and are often times down-right scary......but....I. can't. stop. listening!












11 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I miss the bloggers too. It can get a little overwhelming trying to keep up with instagram, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree....I get lost in Instagram. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Love that you're back! M6074 is a favorite with me as well, and I also like it in ITY. Your fabrics are so pretty! OK, don't go away again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I just found your Pinterest boards today.....LOVE..will get nothing done today....your style is my favorite!!

      Delete
  3. Hello again. great to have you back. I know what you mean instagram is fun, but I feel i know someone better through blogging. Great top. btw.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I feel that I love to blog but don't live for blogging. Also, I love to sew but don't sew for blogging. Blogging provides the community and connection.

    I love the fabric on this top!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It is about the connection and community and that is why I love your blog so much. Your love for sewing shows through in your fabric choices and lovely silhouettes. Your blog always makes me smile!

      Delete
  5. Just discovered you through Patter Review and excited to go through your blog! Also extremely excited for the podcast review as I was hooked on "A Podcast History of Our World", but he's stopped producing for now. Have you had a chance to listen to "A History of the World in 100 Objects"? IT'S GREAT!! The episodes are sadly short, but their site has photos of each item and it really adds to the broadcast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am forever looking for good podcast and I had not hear of the 100 Object one. I tried it today and loved it! Thanks so much for recommending it!

      Delete
  6. Love both fabric's you used. I've never used instagram. I read every blog.

    ReplyDelete